Today we went to the Wood Expo and unfortunately I did not find anyone who was doing the type of restoration work that my cabinet will need. That is OK as I have plenty of time and no particular deadline. I took more photos and printed them before I went so I have a complete pictorial record of the unit as well as all of the dimensions. My next job will be to see if I can find someone who can give me an estimate of what my idea is likely to cost. I did see a slab of silky oak for sale today – $150 and it was more than what I imagine will be required for the job. I will let you know of any further developments. In the meantime, it functions perfectly well as a stand for the television and storage of other items.
I decided to outsource the restoration of the cabinet as the skills required are beyond that which we have. However, there are lots of things we can do and make for ourselves. We have managed to fill the rest of the day with doing things for ourselves.
The Duke makes our bread in the breadmaker and today was fruit loaf with sultanas, chopped raisins and chopped dried apricots.
He also bottled his latest home brew and then started a new one today.
I made some fresh pasta. Here is some of it cut into lasagne sheets and ready to go in the freezer. I used some to make chicken and mushroom canneloni for dinner. We had a serve each and here are the 2 leftover serves ready to be frozen for lunches later in the week.
I picked a pumpkin and also some cucumbers from the garden. We had mashed pumpkin and peas with the canneloni.
We made soda water using the Soda Stream and I had a glass of bubbles with fresh slices of lime.
Now I am off to do some more knitting on my dishcloth. I have done 4 so far and the 5th is underway.