This week I want to share a few of the projects I have been working on recently.
First up is the picture frames. These are 2 large timber frames which belong to my mother. They have family photographs in them and usually stand on her sideboard. The problem is that the stand is actually very heavy cardboard. After several years of very wet and humid weather the cardboard has absorbed moisture and now has flexed and will not stand and support the frame.
I made a pattern from the stand on each frame and then marked it out on a sheet of plywood.
I then spread the glue (Aquadhere) over the plywood and placed it on the cardboard stand. I used several clamps to make sure firm contact was maintained between the surfaces. I left the clamps in place for 24 hours.
There are no photos of the clamps as my camera battery was flat.
Tonight I removed the clamps and the repair has been successful. Now I need to finish the other frame then return them to my mother.