A couple of weeks ago, in this post I outlined what I was planning to do to rejuvenate an old bed.
Firstly, I covered the mattress in plastic, using one of the heavy-duty bags that was packaging from the new mattresses.
I stitched it to fit using my sewing machine. It was a bit awkward but I was happy with the result. Here is a close-up of the stitching.
Then I trimmed the excess plastic and set to making the fabric cover. I made it so that it fitted neatly and at the open end I made a velcro fastening.
Here it is on the bed and you can see the straps which go underneath to secure it. I don’t want to find the mattress at the other end of the verandah after we have a storm.
The straps are elasticated so that they easily slip over the ends of the frame and hold the mattress snugly in position.
All I need now is some nice warm days to invite me out to use my new creation.